Saturday, April 16, 2011

why are dr's so desensitized?

This week I went to a dermatologist to have a couple of moles looked at and to see why my skin is so messed up ever since I had Jack. She walks into the room says her name then starts pulling off my gown to look at all my moles. I don't even let Chris take my clothes off that fast. Then she says "you have rosacea there's nothing you can do about it, and the spot on your nose we're going to do a biopsy." She starts pulling out all of these sharp instruments and is about to stick a needle in my face without even explaining why she's doing all this. I started to panic. I start asking all these questions just so she doesn't poke me with the needle. I ask if I'll have a scar on my face. She says yes. I ask what could it be that you need to do a biopsy. She says some medical term then stabs me in the face with a needle. I left with a stitch in my nose and a bandaid on my face. When I got home Sophia said cute bandaid mom. She's so sweet. It made me feel a little better about my whole day

2 comments:

Scottkids said...

Lol. I shouldn't laugh, but I picture you panicked on the table not knowing what to do. You should have just hit her and ran! :)

Chris and Ailee Magleby said...

I know I'm too soft spoken sometimes.